Thursday, January 1, 2009

WOW!

Ron, Ashley, and I just returned from meeting our new grandson and we are completely in love with the little guy! Before we left I told Andy, Kasey, and Ashley that they had been replaced on my screensaver by a little blond hair boy. It now all about Wyatt:)

The day we left Ron woke me up singing "Wake up little Susie we gotta go see Wyatt!" When we drove up to their home Andy was sitting outside with the baby, and we were all smitten within seconds. There is just something about seeing your child with their child that just blesses a Mom's heart. I love the photo below as Andy seems to be saying "Look what I have Mom."

Then it was inside to see our son change Wyatt for the first time. Priceless moment. Afterwards Andy gives me the baby and in the photo below seems to be saying "This is how to hold the baby mom!"

Andy had bought a Santa suit and surprized us by having his dad dress up as Santa to visit Wyatt. Really cute. It was a wonderful evening!

Not sure how else to describe meeting Wyatt other then to paraphase something Ondrea said in her Christmas letter. Seeing this child was like God has thrown back the gates of heaven and given us a glimpse of what's inside.


HAPPY NEW YEAR!

5 comments:

Rob said...

Looks like Santa was checking his list twice...

That last photo with Ron, Andy, & Wyatt is fantastic! Congratulations!

Over-Caffeinated said...

I almost cried when I read this post... I am so glad to see the two of you with those big grins on your faces. The last time I saw you (in Moscow) you had alot of worry and concern on your shoulders and it was a hard time (though you were ever gracious and generous.) You look very happy and the baby is just too precious for words, there's really nothing like a newborn, is there?

Carey and Norman said...

Wyatt is absolutely precious.

Our mothers have both commented to us that there is something so special about grandchildren. And, you get to spoil them rotten.

So glad you were able to spend the holidays with your family!

Becky and Keith said...

Merry Christmas, grandparents!!! What an awesome post with Wyatt - he is too precious and you and Ron look so darn happy!! Happy New Year! Miss you tons!

Tamara said...

Okay ... I'm a totally impartial, outside observer and he is absolutely gorgeous. And, it doesn't look like you or Ron were that rusty when it came to holding a baby again ;) What an amazing blessing. I'm SO excited for y'all! Happy New Year! Tamara