Monday, January 5, 2009

Every Coin Has Two Sides

I know all newborns look kinda the same, but please indulge this new Baba as I share my favorite photo of our first grandchild. I forgot to post this on the last post. He has so much hair for a blond baby, and it was just too irrestiable to spike his hair for a pic.

Can you tell we are hopelessly in love? This child has parents that love and adore him not to mention a host of grandparents, aunts, uncles, friends and relatives. Since most of you that read this are in the adoption circle you are all so aware this is not true for many children.

In January of 2008 our lives were changed forever when we started to meet adoptive couples traveling to Russia. We had worked with children in orphanages in Trinidad but the majority of those children were not eligible for adoption. This past weekend Ron and I traveled to Nashville to see the Christmas lights, and had the privilege of stopping in Franklin to hear a young woman from Brentwood, Tennessee talk about her ministry in Uganda. If I have my statics correct we learned that if 1 believer in 8 would respond to the needs of orphans then that would make a world of difference in the lives of many children.

While in Russia Ron, Ashley and I traveled to Poland to see what had happened in the concentration camps. What happened there will forever be imprinted on our hearts along with this ministry in Uganda. Once you see/hear about something like that it is with you forever.

1 comment:

Dede said...

Wyatt is adorable and I love that photo...already has personality coming through. I know how proud you and Ron must be...Congrats again!