Sunday, March 1, 2009

Snowing in Bama

This post is dedicated to all our wonderful snow days in Moscow! We woke up this morning to snow and had to get outside for some pictures. As you can imagine snow in Alabama is not very common.

First video I have ever placed on a blog. I have come a long way since first getting introduced to blogging by Rob and Dede. Tee hee!

The weather forecast last night was for snow here in Alabama, but I did not believe it since we were in the mid - 60's most of the day on Saturday. I woke up a bit after 7, and sure enough we had snow. We bundled the Queen up with tons of blankets and took her outside for a few minutes to see the snow.

I was afraid I would never get to wear my Moscow coat here in Alabama. So what, if it's with PJ'S underneath:) it was 7am in the morning.

The snow today has reminded us of all the great memories we had in Moscow from Sergey Posad to slushing through the mush at the outdoor market. Russia will always hold a special place in our hearts!

Paka

4 comments:

Dede said...

We haven't seen snow here in West Texas since we left Moscow. You have come a long way with your blogging...look at you all embedding videos in your blog now. We're so proud!

Tiger & Kar said...

Impressive! Both the snow and your video! I still can't figure out how to post video to my blog and I've been doing this for quite awhile now! We're now getting the snow you guys had and are expecting 8 or more inches. Woo hoo!!

Carey and Norman said...

We barely missed the snow (and we are north of you). Glad you enjoyed it and it brought back memories of Russia!

Michelle R said...

You look stunning in the Moscow coat!! BTW, it is HOT HOT HOT and more HOT down here. Wish you would blow a bit of that cool down here!