Sunday, June 8, 2008

Back In Moscow - Finally

I left Moscow on March 17 for what was intended to be a 2 week trip out of the country, and I finally returned to Russia June 7. The past few weeks and months have been a blur with activity around visa renewals, family reunion, visiting our son and his wife in Texas, granddog sitting for our daughter, and the unexpected passing of my sister's husband on June 1. My sister and her husband Art attended the family reunion on May 31, and I spoke with Art early morning on June 1. A few short hours later he was gone. I only mention this on the blog as it really drove home to me how we never know when we will see a family member for the last time. Also, how important it is to tell our love ones that we love them.

That being said, it is good to be back in Russia. This is my favorite time of year here as the weather is mild and sometimes the traffic is even lighter. I did want to mention that it is also the time of year when those with allergies might have trouble here. In Moscow, they have a poplar tree here with blooms that can cause problems to those with allergies. At times it almost appears to be snowing as the blooms fall from the trees, and the blooms remind me of dandelions. Last spring a good friend with allergies was hospitalized as a result of the blooms this tree has.

Ron and I look forward to the return of Becky and Keith and to meeting a new family next weekend. It has been such a blessing to meet adoptive couples and we look forward to sharing Moscow in the future with new arrivals.

A sidenote to the couples that were here while I was away. My first meal out after returning to Moscow was to the restaurant with the stuffed chicken and strawberry pancakes. Talk about good! Yes, I have already been back to the market for BBQ and shopping!

3 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your sister's husband. I hope the family is doing as well as can be expected.

On a happier note, welcome back to Moscow! Thanks for the tip on the allergy season. I will start stocking up on Zyrtec right now!

Still no court date. I emailed the agency this morning and pray for good news this week. Believe it or not, I miss Moscow! We had such a great trip, I just can't wait to get back. I will email as soon as I hear something!

Dede said...

Hey Dinia! I'm glad you finally made it back to Moscow...I'm sure you were missing Ron. I can't believe you were in Texas and didn't call; it's such a small state we could have got together at Ikea or something! ;-)

Sorry to hear about you brother-in-law. I know what you mean about never knowing when the last time will be when you see someone. I'm glad you were in the states and got to see him before he passed. We have had our fair share of this since being home. First Rob's mom and then most recently, a very dear friend of ours was killed 3 weeks ago.

Enjoy your nice Moscow weather and shopping days at market! Liam & his pal Simon say hello!

Aaron & Dana Craven said...

I'm so glad you made it back to Moscow safely. I'm sorry to here about your sister's husband. You are so right when saying that you never know the last moment so tell people you love them. I'm jealous of going back to that restuarant. We loved it!