Wednesday, May 21, 2008

HOME

Ron and I have moved so often in the oil business that it has sometimes been difficult to determine where home is. Although our kids got to be expats and travel they had to change schools often and never really had roots as children. Currently Ron is at our flat in Moscow, and I am holding down the fort in our retirement house in Alabama. So where is home? I guess I would have to say HOME is where the Lord places us on any given day. If I had not remained in Alabama I would not have gotten to spend some extra time with my Mom and our daughter, visit with high school friends, host a luncheon for some senior citizens in the community plus a family reunion. If Ron had not returned to Moscow he would have missed the opportunity to meet some wonderful adoptive couples in Russia. The adoptive couples would have been fine in Moscow without Ron, but I know they have blessed his heart with stories of their journey to their forever families. Now my perfect plan would have been for Ron to remain in Alabama for all the events here, and then we travel to Moscow together and meet the great couples coming into town. God's plan was different and I guess today I have grown to appreciate the fact that all things happen in God's timing.

I would also like to take this opportunity to express my heartfelt apprecation to Sue and Susan, friends since grammer school, for their generous donation today of school supplies for the Children's Cancer Hospital in Moscow. I know your donations will be appreciated and put to good use by the children in treatment at the hospital.

3 comments:

Michelle R said...

Dinia,
would you send me your email address that you used for blogger. This way I can put it into my blog's approved list and you will automatically be allowed to view my blog.
Thanks,
Michelle Robson
michellerobson@verizon.net

Susan said...

Dinia, I just noticed your picture in front of Ski Dubai. I haven't blogged this yet but we are moving to UAE, Abu Dhabi. Randy has been there since Feb and came home with us after we picked up Artem. He stayed with us for a month and is now back in UAE. Artem and I will join him as soon as we get his vacinations current and he has a small surgery.

If you guys go back to UAE again please let me know as I would love to meet up with you guys. We are hoping to get there mid July timeframe.

Becky and Keith said...

Hey there!

We got the package in the mail today. THANK YOU! I hope you got back to Moscow safely and are getting settled back in.