Friday, May 9, 2008

Life Is Good!


Our most exciting news for this posting is that we are going to be grandparents! Our son and his wife are expecting near the end of the year. I have always joked with Ron that I would follow him anywhere for work until the grandkids came. Excited and proud does not begin to describe the emotions we are feeling at the moment. Perhaps it is now time to really start thinking about retirement and wondering what life will be like with grandbabies! I wonder if I can teach the baby to call me Baba!

Friday Ashley left for her offsite clinical rotation and we are currently granddog sitting in her absence. While stateside awaiting work permits, we had the opportunity to attend her Junior Presentation at the Vet School, and needless to say we were busting with pride at what she has accomplished while in school. Graduation is May 5, 2009 and we are counting the days.

Saturday Ron and I will mark our 33rd wedding anniversary and I have to say its gets sweeter with each passing year. I am married to my soulmate and feel truly blessed. Ron leaves May 11 to return to Moscow and I will follow early June after Ashley returns and a family reunion.

With a new baby coming and graduation from vet school on the horizon I will have to try to fiqure out how to add the cute ticker countdowns to our blog site.

Life is good! On we go in this wonderful journey called life!

5 comments:

Dede said...

Triple congrats to you! You will be great grandparents! I can't believe you are having your 33rd anniversary.

Becky and Keith said...

33 years!! How awesome is that?? We will be in Moscow on SATURDAY!!! I can't believe it is really here. This will be our first trip and we are so very excited. If we miss you on this trip we'll be sure to catch you on our pick-up trip. Happy Anniversary and Happy Belated birthday!!

Becky and Keith said...

P.S. CONGRATS on the great news!!! I can only begin to imagine how happy you are about the great news! Definitely time to retire so you can spoil your grandchild! :-)

Tiger & Kar said...

Hi Dinia! Norm, Dana, Aaron & I just returned from dinner with Ron, and I have to say you have EXCELLENT taste in food! The spinach stuffed chicken breast and strawberry blini were DELICIOUS! I cannot thank Ron enough for his hospitality and generosity. I was a little worried about being in Moscow for 21 days, but with Ron as our tour guide we're doing great!

Susan said...

Congratulations on 33 years and a new grandbaby! You have so much to celebrate right now.