Friday, November 27, 2009

Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays?

I would like to nominate Lydia for President! Yep, she is only 11 years old but if she can kickoff a campaign that raises over $28,000 in less then two weeks we need her in Washington! Way to go Lydia and congrats for keeping the faith and reaching your goal. We were in Nashville this weekend and got to see Lydia's interview live on Fox. What an amazing young girl!

Now that Thanksgiving is over our attention moves to Christmas. Although I will admit that I am an early Christmas shopper, I struggle when I see Christmas decorations coming out shorty after Labor Day. I can't really start to put up the decorations until Thanksgiving weekend, and it just does not seem right to listen to Jingle Bells in the middle of football season. BTW Roll Tide!!

There seems to be some rumors that many people are calling this season Happy Holidays and I just want to go on record as saying the Warren household wishes you a Merry Christmas. I will be the first to admit that I have signed my Christmas cards Happy Holidays for many years, but this year I will be signing Merry Christmas. In the past I did not understand why people would make such a big deal out of the use of Happy Holidays now I wondering if I was becoming desensitised to the phase. We will be putting up a Christmas tree not a Holiday Tree. We wish you and your family a Merry Christmas

Comments are really welcome on this as I am interested to hear your thoughts on using Happy Holidays,

1 comment:

Dede said...

I use both. Merry Christmas if I'm just talking about the Christmas holidays but Happy Holidays to include Christmas and New Year's.