Sunday, November 15, 2009

Life's Blessings

Ron just called and he has finished his work in India, turned everything over to his replacement, and will soon be flying back to the states for the final time. One of the issues I have been struggling with as we move towards retirement was what's next, and my dear husband had the answer for that today as he said the Twilight years are after the Sunset years! I love it. Recently they started drilling another well in India, and part of the process has something to do with breaking a coconut at the well site as an Indian ritual of blessing the work.



Like so many others this past week I have been mesmerized by young Stellan's story. Last week when I checked in I was shocked at what Stellan and his family were going through, and was almost late for a Dr's appointment as I continued to refresh the screen throughout the morning for an update. The battle young Stellan has fought has been especially dear to me as our grandson, Wyatt, is just a few weeks younger then Stellan.



As I am sure so many of you know the story has a happy ending and Stellan is now home after nothing less then a miracle. Now that is a true life's blessing and something to be thankful for!

I am so thankful for the next chapter of our lives that will soon unfold with my Retired Oilfield Hand! In honor of Ron's upcoming retirement and our grandson we will be making a donation to a charity that benefits children/young adults for each comment left on this blog in the next 24 hours that shares something you are thankful for. In that Ron's nephew is currently battling brain cancer we are leaning towards M. D. Andrerson where Eric is undergoing treatment.



Our post when we left Moscow had ten comments and we are hoping for at least twenty to celebrate Ron's retirement, children everywhere, and young adults! Come on now and leave a comment of your Thanksgiving blessings.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

Happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Mark and Sinziana said...

We are so happy that Ron will be back for good and ready to start a new wonderful chapter together with you and the rest of the family!
Yes, I was also following Stellan's story and it was a joy to witness (through their blog) their miracle!

Becky and Keith said...

Oooo... what am I thankful for? Where do I start? I'm so thankful for my friends, for the food on my table and for my job (even though some days I don't seem so thankful :-)). I'm thankful for the people I have connected with as a result of Andrew's adoption. I'm thankful for our health and for my family and their love! All sounds so trite, but it so true! Congrats on Ron's retirement. You're going to have the best time! :-)

Dede said...

Glad you're getting your oilfield hand back for good! Congrats on your retirement Ron!

Like Becky, I am thankful for my wonderful family and friends and all the people we have met like you and Ron that we would have never known had it not been for Liam.

I hope you reach goal of 20 comments and MD Anderson gets my vote. I am connected to a few people who have recently needed their services.

Over-Caffeinated said...

Ugh, I'm late! Sorry! :(

My mom will be in Alabama this week. She mentioned hoping she had time to run into you if you are home.

Have you been following Hope's story? Do you remember meeting them at my house?

When will Ron be back? I hope you have a great Thanksgiving. When will we be seeing you in Middle Tennessee?

Love you guys!