Sunday, February 1, 2009

Had to share that Ashley got her results back this weekend from her national boards and she PASSED! We are proud parents of an Alabama certified and Nationally certified soon to be Doctor of Veterinary Medicine! It has been a long and challenging four years, but Ashley is almost at the finish line. They have four more weeks of clinical on campus and then she will travel to Memphis for an eight week internship. I think this picture is so sweet!

CATCHING A FEW ZZZZ'S

I know some of you with young children at home must sometimes think college is so far away Trust me - eighteen years will fly by!

LOOKING LIKE A FUTURE VET

I want to thank those who have read this blog and lifted up a prayer for by mom "The Queen." Things are about the same and my heart breaks for her as she struggles to talk and move about in the bed. Posting these pictures and writing about this stage of her life and mine has been real therapy for me.


WITH MY MOM 1955

3 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

YAY ASHLEY!!! I haven't met her yet, but I sure feel like I know her! :-) You must be such proud parents!

Carey and Norman said...

Congratulations Ashley!! I thought about Veterinary Medicine, so I appreciate all she's done to graduate!

We continue to wish you encouragement as you make decisions concerning your mother. I agree that our blogs can be a great source of release and therapy. I know mine has been!

Thinking of you.

Michelle R said...

Congrats Ashley... where in the world did that ticker go?? Time does fly by!