Monday, March 1, 2010

CHANGES IN LIFE

A really sweet gal that is still in Moscow recently left a comment on Facebook about how difficult it was waiting for news as to their next assignment. Wow! I really could relate to where she is coming from as limbo is just terrible. We are coming up on the two year anniversary of BP shutting down in Russia and I am just beginning to realize why we left. Ron and I loved living in Moscow and meeting couples coming to Russia to adopt was definitely a highlight. Without a doubt, Russia was our favorite overseas posting and we will always have a special place in our heart for the country.

These pictures below show why is was time for us to leave the place we loved and move on to the next chapter is our lives. While we hated to leave I would not trade the opportunities that have unfolded here since we have returned to the states.

We recently got to keep Wyatt while his folks attended a CE class. It was a blast!



Wyatt loves to play in the car.

This is one of my favorties as Wyatt has the biggest grin on his face.

Sorry Andy and Kasey I did not get any pictures of you guys this trip




Touring in Nashville and lunch at the Wild Horse Salon with Ashley



Elvis recorded in this studio and played this very piano. This piano is one of the few items Elvis was never able to buy according to the tour guide.



Ron just returned from taking his Mom to see family in Oklahoma. The smile on her face is priceless as she hugs her two grandsons.

Have I mentioned that we are loving retirement life?!?!?!?



Eric has given me permission to ask for prayers for him as he battles cancer. Eric and his Dad will be traveling to MD Anderson this week for testing, and I covet your prayers for this very special young man. Eric reads this blog and I know he would appreciate your prayers.

So to one of the most positive people I know - enjoy the time you have left in Moscow and I look forward to hearing about the new adventures in your family! Eric - you are in our thoughts and prayers as you travel this week.

No comments: